Thursday, December 24, 2009

How the Hell Did We Miss These?

I have been impressed with a lot of the "top" lists coming out for 2009 lately (like Hearya, Radiobutt, and Song, by Toad) and I was really upset about not including various albums on our list. These are a five more that somehow missed our list and definitely made an impact on our daily life in 2009.

Other Lives – Other Lives
- Saw them open for Deer Tick (if I remember correctly) and they were absolutely stunning. Instantly grabbed the album and made it part of our repertoire.

The Low Anthem – Oh My God, Charlie Darwin
- Simply "Ohio"


Elvis Perkins in Dearland – Elvis Perkins in Dearland
-
He has got it all!

The Rural Alberta Advantage - Hometowns
- I have no idea how this album was missed!? This was really a staple in our house all year. I am still under the impression that it was released in 2008 and then a re-release in 2009. I don't know why I think that!? However it ended up out there, it is still a fantastic album and definitely a beacon of 2009.

Fanfarlo - Reservoir
- Simply a great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment